We are seeking an experienced Senior Copywriter to join our creative team to write and edit original content for client advertising campaigns and company marketing initiatives. The Senior Copywriter is a conceptual thinker that is confident presenting big ideas, both internally and externally. A perfect match for us would be a great team player who loves the opportunity to be involved with creating fresh ideas, wants to play a key role in developing engaging solutions, and has the ability to become an asset to the assigned pharmaceutical brand and therapeutic category. Working alongside Creative Directors, Graphic Designers, and Production staff, the Senior Copywriter must be a team player and self-sufficient multi-tasker, full of innovative ideas.
Responsibilities for the Senior Copywriter include:
- Work closely with the Creative team to master a knowledge of the client brand, understand the disease state and patient insights and brainstorm on creative concepts.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of campaign objectives and devise strategies to achieve them.
- Develop a variety of concepts for each assignment that display diversity between them – attacking the creative problem from different points of view while still being consistent with the footprint and selling strategy
- Write, edit, and review copy for print campaigns, digital and social media ads, email marketing, websites and other varied copy needs.
- Offer creative ideas and encourage others to share theirs.
- Meet work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards and by resolving operational problems and identifying work process improvements.
- Manage multiple projects with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly and ensure that the day-to-day expectations of the client are met by being prompt with deadlines
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Produce fresh, innovative work that translates complex ideas into compelling print and digital materials for a variety of diverse audiences.
- Assist the Creative team with client pitches and proposals and presentations as requested to help clients understand creative strategy and process.
- Work with the Creative team to implement marketing materials for the company to help increase the company’s exposure and brand awareness.
- Help the Creative Director conduct brainstorming sessions with creative team, maintaining strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or relevant field preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in the creative field with 4+ years of proven copywriting experience.
- Experience having managed client work in the health and pharmaceutical industries in advertising or creative agency relationship a plus.
- An interest and passion in health and pharmaceutical brands as well as their importance to the future of medicine and benefits to the well-being of society and individuals.
- An ability to write creative copy both for large pieces of content (e.g. brochures) and smaller texts (e.g. social media posts).
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Award-winning work, an excellent portfolio that must be submitted upon application and/or interview.
- Exceptional writing, grammar, and conceptual skills.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently, delivering high quality results under the pressure of deadlines, with routinely quick turn-around times.
- Confidence in presenting creative work to clients
- Excellent prioritization skills with strong attention to detail, and high work standards.
- Proactive and confident, with a sense of humor and desire to work with talented team members