We are seeking a detail-oriented Proofreader to join our award-winning creative team. You must be proficient in basic and advanced grammar rules and understand how they are used within our clinical research style guides. Our ideal candidate is meticulous in reviewing copy, noting errors such as punctuation, spelling, and word usage, and knows how to properly source copy. You must have prior proofreading experience, demonstrate incredible attention to detail and possess the ability to multitask and work within a fast-paced environment. You must communicate effectively with the writers and other staff to ensure documents meet all company and project guidelines and incorporate all global client feedback. Candidates should be prepared to take a proficiency test as part of the candidate screening process.
As a Proofreader, you will become a key member of the creative team. You will review clinical research materials presented in various formats, including, but not limited to print advertising, brochures, guides, letters, digital advertising, websites, presentations, and videos, etc. Copy editing will be required at times. You will also be expected to find proper sources for lines of copy and ensure consistency and accuracy across all materials for each project. You will also be expected to update creative spreadsheets as needed.
Responsibilities for the Proofreader includes:
- Proofread content written by copywriters for print and online features, making corrections to spelling and grammatical errors, typographical errors, and checking for consistency and accuracy in accordance with the study and client guidelines, and ensure global comments/changes are incorporated across all materials
- Copy edit content when needed, tracking changes to be reviewed by the writer, management and clients
- Review design layouts, calling attention to design inconsistencies/errors
- Meet deadlines assigned by managers and team leads
- Ensure text meets tone and character count outlined by guidelines
- Make corrections and suggest edits to the document
- Meet proofreading deadlines
- Compare designed materials against original copy to identify errors or omission
- Maintain list of materials to be reviewed per project and keep abreast of deliverables and timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or related field
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in proofreading and editing text
- Familiarity with AP and other style guidelines
- Fact-checking and research expertise a plus
- Excellent grammar and communication skills
- A keen eye for detail and command of the English language
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under deadline pressure
- Experience with MS Office suite, especially Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with Adobe InDesign a plus