We are seeking an experienced and analytical Finance Director to drive our organization’s financial operations and improve financial performance. You will be responsible for assessing the financial performance of the company as well as possible risks and investments. The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, good strategic thinking, excellent communication skills, and strong leadership skills. You also need to be a motivating manager who is passionate about mentoring and leading a team.
Finance Director responsibilities include:
- Oversee all financial operations and drive the financial strategic planning of the company by evaluating its performance and risks.
- Analyze the financial climate and market trends to assist senior leadership in creating strategic plans for the future.
- Coordinate, analyze and report the financial performance to senior leadership (financial performance, projections and other special projects as required).
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Prepare short and long-term financial forecasts of financial performance for use with internal management and external parties.
- Retain constant awareness of the company’s financial position and act to prevent problems. Take ownership of any issues and follow problems through to resolution.
- Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions.
- Recognize patterns in company spending, revenue, and recommend solutions to any problem areas.
- Assist in company-wide budgetary planning and develop budgets that meet the requirements of company departments.
- Oversee audit and tax functions, coordinate activities with outside audit firms and review firms’ performance.
- Coordinate with external financial entities on behalf of the company.
- Update, implement and maintain accounting and administrative policies and procedures for a wide-ranging set of activities including financial accounting and reporting and other company policies.
- Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines and that all of the company’s financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation.
- Assess and manage risk as well as seek out methods and practices to minimize financial risk.
- Manage, mentor, and develop accounting and finance team members and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field. Master’s preferred.
- CPA or other relevant qualification is a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant experience with at least 5 years of management experience.
- Proficient in the use of financial management software (QuickBooks).
- Expertise in all aspects of corporate accounting and all pertinent GAAP, SEC rules and regulations including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Ability to think strategically and to lead.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Good understanding of management practices and techniques.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.